Time and time again the Twin Cities are nominated as a top place to live and to be healthy. The Travel Channel has chosen the Twin Cities as the healthiest place to live in or travel to in the US.
Why were we chosen?
- We are in the Midwest where farming is big but unless you actually get the fresh produce, what good does it do you? The Twin Cities has farmer’s markets all over the place, from the big Minneapolis Farmer’s Market to the Mill City Farmer’s Market to local markets in the suburbs, to markets in store parking lots. Click here to find a Farmer’s Market near you!
- We have biking and walking trails that are used year round! We are the top biking city in the US according to Bicycling magazine and more people are biking to work during all seasons.
- Minnesota has golf courses galore. People are out on the links at all ages and as often as they can.
- We have playgrounds and parks in just about every neighborhood and the kids are actually out there using them.
- Activities are planned indoors and outdoors all year to keep us residents out and about in any weather.
We like to eat healthy and we play a lot. We get out and enjoy nature all year long and all that contributes to us staying healthy!