Yes, Minnesota is probably most noted for its Scandinavian heritage but we celebrate other heritages as well. Tomorrow, May 5th, in West St. Paul there is a huge Cinco de Mayo Celebration from 9 am to 6 pm. There will be events held for the entire family. Some of the events are:
- The community Village. This village supports local artists, crafters and other vendors. Here you will find handmade items such as arts and crafts, seedlings, produce and some second hand items. All profits from the village will go back into the community!
- There is a family zone that offers many cultural activities as well as learning experiences.
- Low rider cars will be on display and there will also be a low rider car show. Check out all the different types of low rider automobiles!
- Live entertainment will be available on 3 different stages the entire day!
- Memory lane is a new feature. Stop by here to see the history of St. Pauls West side. See old photos and drawings and more!
- Sports will also be available – everything from climbing to professional sports teams will be on hand. Meet players, learn about various sports and join in the interactive activities!
- Of course, the parade starting at 10 am is one of the favorite events of the day. The parade will start at Wabasha and Plato and end at Cesar Chavez and Ada. Tens of thousands of people attend this parade.
- Food will be available the entire day and if you are daring you can enter the jalepeño eating contest.
Click here for more information on this fun family event! Metro Transit is also offering free rides, check the website for further information.